Tuesday 24 June 2014

New BradfordWW1 talks




I have just updated my list of available talks on WW1

There are five new talks from an overview of Bradford’s war efforts to munitions factories and life for children during the war. There are also more interactive talks designed for school children.

My talks are designed to be both informative and engaging and I have had very good feedback from those given so far including

“I attended the talk ‘Musical Beds’  yesterday.   I found it very informative and interesting.  It was surprising where hospitals were sited across the City and surrounding areas... If the talk is repeated I would recommend anyone to go”

Kathryn Hughes' talk on St Luke’s [hospital] during World War 1 was absolutely fascinating and riveting!! But then I love local history. Her talk was liberally illustrated with photos, and a map which she updated with blobs denoting the [hospitals] changing role as the war progressed.”

If you would like to book me for a talk please email 

No comments:

Post a Comment