Bowling Park Auxiliary Hospital opened on 16th April 1915. It was used until St Luke’s War Hospital was opened in December 1915. It accommodated 80 soldiers brought from the 2nd Northern War Hospital at Leeds and later the East Leeds War Hospital.
The grounds of Bowling Park was also used as a camp for the Second Pal’s Battalion in May 1915 before they moved on to Ripon.
If anyone has any further knowledge of the use of Bowling Park Colony during WW1 or of nurses who lived there after this time it would be lovely to hear more.